Padua Botanical Garden was founded in 1545 by Francesco Bonafede, is the oldest university botanical garden in the world.
Originally cultivated herbs, the resort of acclimatization and experimentation, called Horti Simplicium.
The first director was Luigi Squalermo who planted a large number of plants, about 1800, in succession, due to theft, was built around the gardens a circular wall.
In the late '500 wells were built to provide irrigation gardens.
In the mid '700 were acquired along the external perimeter of vessels and busts of important characters.
In '800 greenhouses were built, one of them there today.
Garden has always been enriched with new species from various parts of the world where the Republic of Venice made the trade.
Inside you can admire Hortus sphaericus Chamaerops humilis L., which is now the oldest plant in the garden is planted in the 1585, Platanus orientalis L. planted in 1680, Ginkgo biloba L. planted in 1750, Magnolia grandiflora L. planted in 1786 and is the oldest in Europe and Cedrus deodara is important because it is the first specimen of this species introduced in Italy (1828).
Parterele medicinal and aromatic plants are inside Hortu cinctus, in the two sectors contained in the circular wall behind the gate between North and South gates. Their risk is indicated on a sign to mark a cross, a cross for less toxic plants, two crosses for the slightly toxic and very toxic for the three crosses that can be fatal.
Among the plants brought to Italy by the Botanical Garden Syringa vulgaris L., Jasminum fruticans L., Parthenocissus quinquefolia, Liriodendron tulipifera, Cedrus deodara, refract Freesia Klatt, Dicentra spectabilis Lem., Sesamum indicum L., Solanum tuberosum L.. Some of them have adapted to conditions become invaded and Robinia pseudoacacia, Ailanthus altissima.
In 199Botanical Garden of Padua 7 was introduced to the world heritage of UNESCO.
In 2006, in greenhouses of the Botanical Garden were obtained vanilla fruit, flowers were pollinated artificially by a technique written in 1841 by Professor Roberto de Visiani.
During the summer you rebuild desert environments where plants can admire fat.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - 250 years of existence
Royal Botanic Gardendale, Kew - celebrates 250 years of existence.
In 1759, William Aiton was appointed to take care of the gardens extend to KEW Princess Augusta.